COLBENT CASE STUDY
Questions? Contact us: (877) 265-2368
Colbent's on-site, state-of-the-art IT systemprocesses multiple feeds, which are accessible enterprise-wide, 24 hours a day, with global, real-time reporting capabilities.
Superior hardware and capabilities
At the core of our Information Technology is the IBM System Model i525 computer system. The i525 is recognized in the industry as one of the most secure and reliable (greater than 99.94% uptime) commercial processing environments.
Colbent's iSeries 525 system is comprised of:
- 10 terabytes of RAID protected storage using 750MB Cache Controllers
- Connect capability to thousands of terminals
- 3 integrated X-Series servers sharing the i525 storage and communicating at internal speeds to deliver Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Enterprise Exchange Server functions. These servers greatly enhance Colbent's presence and capability for Web access and transfers.
- Media output in cartridge, reel, quarter-inch, 8mm, 4mm tapes, LTO tapes or CD, DVD and optical formats
- Print output via three IBM high-speed line printers and multiple HP Laser printers
- Support for a Gigabyte external backbone, which serves as the internal Colbent network
A commitment to secure data access
Client data security and availability is of paramount importance. Colbent continually enhances both factors to protect from natural and man-made threats.
Colbent's data environment consists of:
- A secure, remote "Hot Site" with redundant storage and communications which allows continuous service to our customers. With remote journaling techniques, switchover is instantaneous. While both sites are protected from power outages by uninterruptible power supplies, the "Hot Site" is further backed up by a motor generator, which comes on line at the first sign of power loss.
- Predictive maintenance techniques from IBM that dispatch service before a component failure occurs. The same technology instantly notifies Colbent personnel of any system loss 24 hours a day. Our Emergency Response Team then mans both sites to assure continuous operation.
- A Sonicwall network firewall that provides anti-virus, anti-spyware and intrusion prevention with auto-updates for recognized global threats.
- A PGP Universal Email Server that encrypts and secures email and attachments with our business partners.
- To securely transmit and receive information, Colbent hosts several secure file transmission systems that use SSL, HTTPS, SSH and PGP.
- Contact Colbent now